Making a complaint
Notes for this form
- We're grateful for information from the public. Reports about businesses or individuals are important to us, as they help us understand what issues cause the most harm to New Zealand consumers and where best to direct our resources.
- All reports to Trading Standards are recorded and assessed. Once we make an assessment we then decide whether to take further action.
- However, we're not a complaint handling body. This means we can't investigate every report made to us. We need to prioritise what we investigate to ensure that we're using our resources efficiently.
- We're also not a dispute resolution service. You may need to take your own action if you want your individual issue to be resolved — such as getting your money back.
- For these reasons, and in order to make best use of our limited resources, Trading Standards usually doesn't enter into correspondence about our decisions as to whether or not we intend to take further action. However we may contact you if we need more information.
- You won't be able to submit this form until you have completed the required fields (indicated by *).