Management representative responsibilities
This section has information on the responsibilities of a Management Representative.
Every accredited organisation is required to nominate an individual to take on the role of Management Representative.
The Management Representative should have the required experience and skills for the categories sought and full knowledge of the Weights and Measures Act 1987 and Weights and Measures Regulations 1999.
The Management Representative is the primary point of contact for all accreditation issues with the Trading Standards Client Manager.
The responsibilities of the Management Representative include but are not limited to:
- Complete and submit application forms when required
- Monitor the expiry date of the Letter of Accreditation
- To immediately notify their Client Manager whenever an accredited individual ceases their employment
- Ensure applicants are suitably trained
- Develop, agree, maintain and monitor the Surveillance Plan
- Facilitate and plan the observations of the accredited individuals with the Client Manager
- Ensure that Working Standards are maintained and have current Trading Standards verification reports
- Respond to any non-compliance issued by Trading Standards in a timely manner
- Have a full understanding of the Quality Management System
- Ensure the Quality Management System is complete and current
- Ensure that the accredited individuals follow procedures, as set out in the Quality Management System
- Ensure corrective actions are resolved
- Ensure that internal audits are completed
- Ensure that an annual review of the Quality Management System is completed
- Have knowledge of, and introduce where necessary, all Technical Policies issued by Trading Standards
- Maintain a strong understanding of their duties and responsibilities as an Accredited Person
- In a timely manner, respond to and action any reasonable requests made by Trading Standards.
Management Representative nominated for one or more accredited organisations
An individual may be nominated to act as a Management Representative for one or more accredited organisations.
Any nominated Management Representative must:
- Be a member of staff for the applying/accredited organisation,
- Complete a Trading Standards Management Representative audit,
- Fulfil the requirements for that position,
- The individual is fully acquainted with and competent with the Quality Management System, associated documentation, and test procedures of the organisation,
- Be appointed and have their authority endorsed by the management of that organisation.