Goods delivered to a purchaser
The requirements for a seller when goods are not purchased at their premises.
Goods delivered to a purchaser must be supplied with an invoice or delivery note showing the:
- Net weight or measure of the goods, and
- Address, telephone numbers, and email address of the seller.
The invoice or delivery note may also include:
- Description of the goods delivered
- Packaged date
- Delivery date
- Name of seller and any other relevant contact details
- Name, address and contact details of the purchaser
This applies to the sale of goods via the Internet, mail order, telephone or any other form of distance selling.
An invoice or delivery note may not be required where goods are weighed or measured in the presence of the purchaser, or for goods which are enclosed in a package and labelled with a statement of net weight or measure.