Review of the quality management system
On an annual basis, the Management Representative is required to complete a review of the Quality Management System and associated documentation.
The purpose of the review is to ensure the suitability and effectiveness of the system.
As part of the review, the Management Representative has to ensure that the Quality Management System, associated documentation and resources are compliant with:
- The Act and Regulations,
- Trading Standards requirements, and
- The Trade Measurement Technical Policies
Furthermore, the review should also ensure that:
- Quality Management Systems and associated documentation are still effective,
- Accredited individuals are competent and suitably trained,
- An Internal Audit(s) has been carried out in the last 12 months,
- Corrective Action has been recorded, actioned and resolved, where necessary,
- The Surveillance Plan has been monitored and planned observations have been carried out or rearranged,
- Non-compliances discovered by Trading Standards have been actioned and resolved, and
- Working Standards are verified.
The review of the Quality Management System has to be documented and records kept for at least three years. Issues identified during the review must be actioned in accordance with the Review of the Quality Management System section of the Quality Management System.
The Client Manager should review the Quality Management System documentation when completing the Annual Surveillance for the Accredited Organisation and the Management Representative meeting.
Surveillance plan has more information.