TS–003 Auxiliary devices connected to driveway flowmeters for printing and storing information
This policy applies to the test procedure used to confirm the accuracy of printing or memory devices when conducting a verification or inspection test on a driveway flowmeter.
Where a driveway flowmeter is connected to a printing device or a memory device, it shall be tested to ensure there is no variation in the measurement data recorded to the data shown on the display of the driveway flowmeter.
- Self-service arrangement - attended service mode (incl. post-payment and pre-payment modes) e.g. driveway flowmeters on forecourts
- Where a driveway flowmeter is connected to a printing device, then the printed record shall replicate the price and any measurement data displayed on the instruments indicator.
- Additional information may be provided on the printed record of the transaction, some or all may not be subject to the Certificate of Approval for that instrument.
- The printed record shall be checked in during the verification or inspection tests completed on the measuring instrument.
- In the situation where a driveway flowmeter is connected to a printing device post examination, then an Accredited Person will return to confirm the records generated by the newly installed printer is accurate and update the previous test record.
- Self-service arrangement - un-attended service mode (e.g. driveway flowmeters at truck stops)
- In such arrangements, generally the following additional primary indications are provided:
- Printing device - for issuing a customer receipt, and
- Other ancillary devices (printing or memory) for registering measurement data for the benefit of the supplier.
The records obtained and retained from both the above devices shall be checked in conjunction with any verification and inspection tests performed on the driveway flowmeter.
In the situation where a driveway flowmeters is connected to a printing device post examination, then an Accredited Person will return to confirm the records generated by the newly installed printer is accurate and update the previous test record.
Where more than one printing or ancillary devices are connected to a driveway flowmeter all the devices shall be checked to ensure the measurement values obtained replicates the primary indications displayed on the measuring instrument.
Trade Measurement — Technical Policy
|Policy number:||TS - 003|
|Effective date:||July 2016|
|Policy name:||Ancillary devices connected to driveway flowmeters for printing and storing information|
|Reviewed by:||Davis White, Legal Metrology Advisor and Senior Trading Standards Officer|
|Approved by:||Phil Sorrell, Team Leader Compliance and Inspection|