TS–017 Historical tares
This policy outlines the use and retention of historical tares in trade transactions.
The following conditions relate to the use of historical tares:
- Historical tares are permitted with the agreement of both parties,
- The tare weight should be reviewed at agreed time periods, e.g. monthly,
- The tare weight is linked to a particular vehicle, e.g. VIN number and / or registration plate,
- In the event of a dispute, the vehicle is to be re-weighed to confirm the agreed tare or confirm the new tare value,
- Where modifications are made to a vehicle, the vehicle is to be re-weighed to obtain a new tare value, and
- A printed receipt / statement for any transaction must show the date and time of the weighing, gross weight and pre-set tare value for the vehicle.
Trade Measurement — Technical Policy
|Policy number:||TS - 017|
|Effective date:||July 2016|
|Version date:||October 2016|
|Policy name:||Historical tares|
|Reviewed by:||Davis White, Legal Metrology Advisor and Senior Trading Standards Officer|
|Approved by:||Phil Sorrell, Team Leader Compliance and Inspection|